cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 2 level authentication

Fred
Fledgling

Someone else must have this problem!

The only bit of 3 equipment I have is a MiFi device (Mobile Internet) which is sat in my caravan (60 miles away from me at the moment but that is irrelevant). For the past year or so logging into my account to view/print my bill has been easy (using mifi number and password).

But since 3 has introduced this 2 level login where it sends a 6 digit number to my alternative number I can't sign in as 'obviously' I can't 'read' the number on my mifi (it's NOT a phone), nor does it seem want to send it to my alternative phone which isn't on the 3 network.

I just go around in circles with the support desk.

2 REPLIES 2
LeeT
Employee
Employee

Hey @Fred hope you're doing well!

I've used the alternative number option for our broadband devices before, and not had an issue so not sure where the issue could be here for yourself. 
The only solution I can suggest for you is to be where the MiFi is (sorry, I know it isn't ideal) and connect to it. Once connected, if you haven't already download the Huawei HiLink or Huawei AI Life (both do the same thing, AI Life is just more updated)

You will be able to connect to the device, login with the device password, as well as the admin password (on the back of your MiFi device). This will take you into the control panel for the device where you can change a few settings. However, more importantly, you can check 'messages' so you can get the required verification code.
Hope this is of assistance until you get the 2nd number authentication sorted.

LeeT
Employee - Retail

mothsky
Fledgling

Did you ever sort this out? I've just spent/wasted the whole blinking day on the phone help and online help with must be total 6 different three staff to no avail. I need to set up to send the 6-digit code to my regular O2 mobile because my three broadband sim lives in a waterproof enclosure up a mast and connects via active usb to laptop. No way of getting texts off it. Does anyone at three know how to set up alt phone number to receive 6 digit text?