cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working unless connected to WiFi

Karlos82
Fledgling

I went into my local Three store on Tuesday as I was having an issue with my phone. The member of staff I spoke to reckons it could be because I'd put my sim card from my previous one in it so arranged for new sim card with the same number to be sent out. I got an email confirming this that day and an email with at the end of an email what it said was a tracking number but doesn't give me any indication of how I am supposed to track this and where. The phone will now only work on emergency calls and won't work on Internet unless I'm connected to WiFi. I suspect they have blocked this sim card because they have sent a new one out but that isn't really good enough when there is no way of checking when the new sim card will show up and in the meantime the phone is unable to be used. Is there any way of finding out when the Sim card is likely to show up?

1 REPLY 1
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello.

Welcome to the Three Community. 

Yikes, that's not good at all. It sounds like you're right. When a new SIM is sent out, the old SIM can some times be disconnected. It seems like that's what they've done on this occasion. That's got to be frustrating for sure. 

There's no tracking available on SIM card deliveries. These are sent out and delivered within 1 to 3 business days normally. I'm a little confused as to why they arranged for the SIM to be sent though, as normally they can just give you one there and then, was any reason given for that? 

Pete.