cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Usage

JRadders23
Fledgling

Terrible service from Three, if thinking of joining please beware. I am going to cancel my contract. When you take a SIM only contract with them, they do not ask for proof of purchase or IMEI number, then when you lose your phone  they request these documents which take an alarming 72 hours to process. 

This means you cannot blacklist your phone for 3 days, giving thieves time.

Nor can you claim on your insurance for a new phone as is takes 3 days for them to generate a simple proof of usage form, utterly ridiculous service.

16 REPLIES 16
JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @JRadders23 

We appreciate what you're saying, there does seem to be a bit of confusion here. 

When a customer requests proof of use on a 3rd party device to use for an insurance claim, we do need to have the relevant proof of purchase before we can proceed.

However, this isn't required proof in order to initially blacklist the device. We can suspend the SIM and blacklist the device when notified by the account holder or authorised 3rd party. 

Have you sent a copy of your proof of purchase to the team for this to be raised and proofs sent for you?

Thanks,

John D

JRadders23
Fledgling

Thanks John,

I appreciate the response.

I sent proof of purchase on Monday 12/06/2023 at 13:00 hrs, it took 48 hours for a reply which ONLY acknowledged receipt and that it still needed to be reviewed. it has now been 72 hours since I sent proof of purchase, with the goal of receiving a simple proof of usage form. 

Please can you confirm when i will receive proof of usage, this is damaging my mental health.

Many Thanks

JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @JRadders23 

Thanks for the update here. In case this still isn't resolved I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
John

Faryal
Fledgling

My phone’s front and back case screen  damaged as I was driving my phone was in pocket along with keys. My husband been asking for POU behalf of me and we have been trying several times to get proof of usage from three. They have been wrapping us within 72 hours we will get proof but it’s been so many days we trying to get this doc as we called them each day since two weeks now. We cannot process the insurance claim without these documents. Three have not helped and the advisors we have spoken to do not appear to even know what these documents are. We have even been to the three mobile shop and they were unhelpful too. Appalling customer service. Can anybody help on how to get these documents? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Faryal,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble securing your proof of usage documents. Is this for a phone supplied by Three, or a phone that you've bought elsewhere, but are using with a Three SIM?

Have the team provided any explanation for why they haven't sent the documents yet, or requested further information from you in order to do so?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

DipakDahal674
Fledgling

If the lost phone didn't have a SIM card, how does it work for proof of usage to claim the insurance?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DipakDahal674,

A proof of usage document is to show your insurer that your phone number has been used with the IMEI of the insured phone, so you'd need to check with your insurance provider if the policy covers a phone that hasn't been used with a SIM.

Do you mean the phone has never been used with a SIM, or that the phone didn't have a SIM inserted when it was damaged, lost, or stolen?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Ceili
Fledgling

@JRadders23 @Have you received your proof of usage doc yet? 

I’m on 6 weeks of no progress. I’ve been in tears multiple times speaking to Three advisors.

At a loss of what to do as they cannot seem to provide me one and my insurance refuse to give me a replacement phone without this doc. 
If you have one, please tell me how you got one? I also am sim only contract. 

I’ve followed the steps they’ve told me on the phone but it doesn’t work. 

Regular

android find shows the usage,I  have proofs like screenshots that I have used phone to call with 3 number but three tools can't find out with the same IMEI, three backend team is technically not good enough to check the usage even after providing the Phone box phone which has secondary IMEI number.
Team took nearly 20 days to blacklist but failed to provide usage .
Cancelling my contract also I have asked my relatives and friends to cancel the contract.They only support if we are taking mobile with them.
I myself provided technical suggestions but still three team failed to get proofs and they even not ready to provide the proofs which they have in their usage tool data (I can prove them wrong).
I was loyal customer and I also recommended may people to three and three team has proved my decision of being with three for long time is  wrong