cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Usage

JRadders23
Fledgling

Terrible service from Three, if thinking of joining please beware. I am going to cancel my contract. When you take a SIM only contract with them, they do not ask for proof of purchase or IMEI number, then when you lose your phone  they request these documents which take an alarming 72 hours to process. 

This means you cannot blacklist your phone for 3 days, giving thieves time.

Nor can you claim on your insurance for a new phone as is takes 3 days for them to generate a simple proof of usage form, utterly ridiculous service.

16 REPLIES 16
Romil
Fledgling

I have been waiting for proof of usage for 20 days now, service team says that they are having some problem with sending .gmail's.

When I received the paper one, date was wrong on usage, so companies doesn't accept it. So again start from scratch. Explain me how hard it is write the correct date?

Which make no sense, it take 5 days to generate one. I recommend to move your carrier from 3 to anything else. As the service is bizarre. Every time I call they start new case.

Amritpalkaur
Fledgling

I need a proof of usage

Amritpalkaur
Fledgling

Hello we need a proof of usage

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Amritpalkaur,

Please get in touch and we should be able to help with this. If the phone wasn't originally supplied by Three you may need to send in a proof of purchase, but the team should be able to confirm this with you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Rach
Fledgling

How do I get proof of usage. I have emailed and emailed. I desperately need to make a claim for insurance. I have been a SIM only contract holder for 10 years and barely use the service . I have a proof of purchase! can Three help this one time! 

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Rach,

Please reach out to our Customer Service team by call or live chat, they'll be able to action this request and get you the Proof of Usage document required.

I'm sorry for any delay in getting this to you previously and hope this helps.

Thanks,
Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

dancox84
Fledgling

All very well saying get in touch, but when you have to go back three times because they don't complete the task properly or give you the reference number/tracking ID that apparently is needed, it is just unhelpful. The first time I've need your Customer Services team in nearly two decades and it is an absolute letdown.