cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card

Fledgling

Hello, I signed a contract with one of the tree employees for a SIM card a few days ago and even gave my previous SIM card pack number and emphasized that I want my old number, but unfortunately today, after the new SIM card was set up, I found out that they sent me a new number, that I spoke on the phone for 1 hour and 45 minutes and confirmed everything, but I don't know why that gentleman made a mistake again.

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

Have you got you old number back? If you signed a new contract, rather than an upgrade, you get a new number. Try calling and see if you can get a oac code for your old number. If you can then you can port the number to another network, 1 month contract, ask for a pac code and transfer the number to your new 3 contract.

There are a few posts from people who have had to do this.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Good suggestion @sc1999, I'd recommend a PAYG rather than a one month contract for temporary purposes though, to avoid unnecessary additional credit checks.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @02091978,

I'm sorry to hear that this was set up as a new number rather than an upgrade. In the first instance, I'd recommend speaking to 333 or contacting us by chat. If it's a SIM only upgrade, there's no need to send replacement SIM cards, so it's best for the team to close the new plan under our 14 day money back guarantee, then get the current SIM upgraded.

@sc1999 has also suggested another potential solution, which may be preferable if you want to avoid returning a new phone, however if this is SIM only it should be relatively simple for our support teams to correct this by cancelling the unnecessary line and upgrading the correct one.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.