cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart watch pairing on a samsung watch 5 LTE

Amy2709
Active

Really disappointed that after purchasing a Samsung watch with LTE that three have told me I can't access smart watch pairing because it isn't currently available for existing customers. I have had my contract with three for over 10 yrs and never considered moving until now. It seems so unfair that new customers can access something I can't YET. To long left on my contract to leave now but I will definitely be shopping around in future. Any idea as to when this service will be available to existing customers? The three website is not clear on this 😕 

7 REPLIES 7
Mathew
Regular

I'm going through this now and had my account for 10 plus years.

What I don't understand is why they set it up for me and gave me a date it was going live only to find out on here that I need a 3 your way plan??

Amy2709
Active

I just realised I have commented on your post too! They told me on my first call it was all set up as an add on for £7 a month and would be active in 30 mins. 4 hrs later (4 hrs of trying to connect) I was told by someone else it can take up to 24 hrs to activate. Next call I was told it would be added from my new billing cycle. I called back because it contradicted what the website says and I was told the service was only available for iPhone and new three users and that they hope to set it up 'soon' for us existing customers. Baffled as to why they can't just swap our current plans to the one we need. I really do feel penalised for being a loyal customer. Will definitely be looking elsewhere for each of our contracts as they come up for renewal. 

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @Amy2709 

I’m so sorry you’ve had so much hassle with this.

As you now know, Smartwatch Pairing for Samsung Galaxy Watch5 and Watch5 Pro smartwatches is currently only available to Pay Monthly customers on our new Three Your Way plans.

We’re updating our systems to roll this out to other plans, so existing customers can take advantage of smartwatch pairing with Samsung watches. Unfortunately, we can’t confirm exactly when your account will be updated along with our systems, but we will be in touch when the update affects you.

The requirement to have a Three Your Way plan is referenced on the Samsung Galaxy Watch and Smartwatch Pairing pages of our website. I really appreciate your feedback about how clear that is though, and I’m so sorry this wasn’t clarified the first time you got in touch with our customer service team.

I’ve sent you a private message with some further details so we can ensure that’s addressed. Just click your avatar and then ‘Messages’ to view your inbox.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Amy2709
Active

Thank you, I have responded directly. Its really frustrating that new customers are prioritised over existing customers. I can't speak for all people with similar frustrations on this issue - but for me, the bitter pill to swallow is that our loyalty to three clearly means nothing. For shame on you three. You can't offer services to new customers and penalise your existing customers for wanting to access it and not expect us to be upset. I will be showing you the same level of loyalty as our household contracts come up for renewal.

r0ck3t
Regular

This is a load of rubbish, I've spent literally over 12+ hours via we chat but mostly phone in total trying to pair a Samsung galaxy watch 5 & 6 44mm lte to both my old "upgraded" account and a new "yourway" contract set up on Friday 11th August and with both accounts there is still no option to add smart pairing to my account on either number, I've been in contact with the escalation team, the complaints team and the technical team and no one knows what's going on! I'm apparently getting a phone call on Monday 14th August to rectify the problem, all complaints have been logged, I've officially been released from my old contract and the fees, I have also been given £120 good will compensation to come off of my new contract but as the smartpairing option isn't on my new "yourway" contract either I will be cancelling that also and moving over to EE on Monday afternoon. What Three are doing is illegal, they are advertising and selling a service and the watches they can't connect to people's existing or new contracts. I will be in contact with the financial ombudsman and my solicitor and suing Three. Three is a shamble of a network who are now pairing up with Vodafone (a company that does support smart pairing) so I wouldn't advise staying away from Vodafone from here on out either! Anybody who is experiencing the same problem please message me or reply to this as it will be forwarded to my solicitor and the ombudsman. I've had enough, your company is beyond pathetic and practising illegal advertising and selling tactics in the UK when all your customer service agents are based in India. STAY WELL AWAY PEOPLE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

andy2005
Fledgling

Even I cannot do this. Have been with 3 for ages. Could you please prioritize and sort my account too? I need to make a decision to stay with 3 by 15th August 2023.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @andy2005,

I'm sorry to hear that you're looking into leaving Three. I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can get this investigated for you.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.