cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Live Chat keeps disconnecting

amitch
Regular

Has anyone else found that the Three Live Chat for support ALWAYS disconnects recently?

Both my partner and I are on Three, and have had a plethora of issues with both our accounts (data cutting out on holiday when limit has not been reached, not been able to register/ log into the Three apps since the server upgrade, etc.) but whenever either of us go on chat, spend ages waiting and then describing our issue, and get halfway through a chat with an advisor, it just suddenly disconnects.

We have done EVERYTHING to try and prevent this - trying to use the in app vs mobile website chat, literally not touching our phones between messages apart from to keep screen unlocked, so it is no issue of navigating away on our end. But every time, the chat disconnects without fail. There is no Chat ID given and the next advisor never has any record of the previous chat and makes us re-explain the issue, which then - of course - promptly disconnects after we have finally explained it all again.

I have no more emotional strength to contact Three despite all the issues that have been ongoing for 3 months now, as no follow up is ever provided and I’ve had to contact them a few times a week to chase up. I’m at my wits end and so is my partner.

Any advice? There is literally no way to report this to Three as the support chat will crash if I try and report it on the support chat haha. We work jobs where we can only really use chat rather than call. 

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Mags55
Fledgling

Yes has happened to me three times tonight and once earlier this week too! So frustrating as they must know disconnected  and they have your number so could easily call back! 

amitch
Regular

Yeah it's been doing it consistently for at least the last month - both in-app and on browser. Also no Chat ID is added so you can't then get the next advisor to pull up the previous chat. I have lost about 4 hrs of my life to it!

Especially after the advisors give so much chatter at the start of the chat, have to send security confirmation etc, so by the time they have done that it times out again. Also none of the advisors are aware of the issue or have been informed that it is happening. 

JohnD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

hey @amitch 

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems that you and your partner have had recently, this isn't the experience we'd want anyone to have. In case this still isn't resolved I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
John

amitch
Regular

Hi John, 

It has of course not been fixed, as Three love to do nothing about their issues! I will reply to your message, but can you also update this thread as to the progress of how this will be reported to the Three team and how this problem will be addressed, as it is obviously a service-wide issue that is affecting a lot of users and not just ourselves. 

Many thanks, 

Annie 

BillyT
Regular

I have had 7 chats to three crash. They do it on purpose 

amitch
Regular

Hi John, 

I can confirm this issue is STILL happening with the chat - it randomly disconnects, and then due to there being no chat ID or holding of the chat in my account, the whole process has to be restarted again. 

The fact this has gone on so long (nearly a year that I have observed) means it is either intentional. incompetent programming, or just dismissal of the issue. 

Is there any way you can escalate this as a MAJOR bug with the only way people that cannot phone Three are able to contact them? 

Thanks, 

Annie

Slytherinshare
Fledgling

Until today (8th Aug 2023) - I’ve had no need to use the Live Chat; as I had an issue today I wanted to get clarification - I decided to use it - and twice after waiting in position from 25 to 1; I was thrown out of the live chat after speaking with the Chat Agent for 5 minutes. It’s doesn’t help that the chats don’t hold previous interactions in case of connection loss. 

We need an option to send an email to the team, that doesn’t rely on a poor connection. 

LondonCalling
Fledgling

Same here. It’s so frustrating I’ve wasted an hour of my time trying to switch to a new plan. 

Ryanaa
Fledgling

This is still happening April 2024