cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This number doesn't match our records. Please try again

TRC38
Fledgling

Updated App for new version but unable to get access as it states my mobile number doesn't match our records? Went into 3 store they checked the system and everything is as it should be but couldn't help getting access through the app or online now either. So unable to get access to account and see bills now. . Done all the usual...deleted app / reinstalled turned phone off, made sure had a signal etc etc cant even get access just using email or get access online.

Any thoughts

6 REPLIES 6
sc1999
Local celebrity

This has been going on for too long. I received this text so maybe there is hope, although it worries me that a company cannot do this system work behind the scenes. 

Three are doing a major systems upgrade and things may not work. This us the text I received:

Hello. We’ll be doing an essential system update between Thursday 3 and Sunday 6 August.​ ​

Your phone won’t be affected over this weekend, and you’ll still be able to call, text and use data as usual. ​​

However, during this update, you’ll have limited access to Three app and My3.  ​

For more info, including how to request a PAC/STAC before and during the system update, see our FAQs at 3.uk/g6320

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TRC38,

You may need to re-register for My3 if you're account received the recent system update.

If you try going through the login/register page do you get prompted to re-register there? Please ensure that you enter the same email address we already have saved on your account when prompted.

Once you've re-registered that ought to get you access through the App again. Let me know if that works for you?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

ngarrad
Fledgling

TRC38 I am having the same problem as you with my phone number not being recognised when I try to re-register and I have been on chat system with 3 advisors for over 5 hours trying to sort out the total shambles of a system update and ensuring they change email addresses for 2 of the my children's phones I pay the bills for. I eventually got a call from 3 and spoke to a human being who advised me the issue I was facing was a recognised one with the updated My3 app and had been escalated to technical support. So I am still currently unable to login to my own account. Situation is a complete farce as I was given no timescales re resolution

sc1999
Local celebrity

Considering how long it can take any company to fix buggy software, they were better to not try and give a timescale. Judging by the quality of the new app I think it is the result of a junior school coding project.

Fufllees8
Fledgling

Has anybody got a solution to this issue? Having it myself and online chat can’t help me!

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Generally that message shows up when the My3 account hasn't been re-registered. If you've re-registered already and are still getting the error, there could be an issue with the data entry. It's always worth just double checking the number you're entering as I've seen a few situations where the number being entered is not correct. It's also worth trying on a different device and web browser in case there's an issue with the one you're using. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.