cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three account still active after porting my number to O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received a txt msg from O2 that my number has been successful ported to O2 from Three. I’ve tested it by making few calls and sending few messages and the number I transferred comes up so it’s all good regarding that side. What is strange is that my Three account is still active, I’ve done this process many times before over the years, 2-3 times with Three alone and every time I would give my PAC code to a new network my Three account would immediately close, this is the first time I’ve got a confirmation of my number being ported to a new network but my Three account still being active, I wonder why this is the case now (?!) 

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi there,

It looks like the community account which posted this has been closed in the meantime since the post was made. I expect it was just taking some time for the My3 account systems to catch up with your port. When a number switches the final bill recalculates your charges to the exact day you moved, so I don't expect there should be any issues, but if you do need help with this, you can find all the ways to get in touch here.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

1 REPLY 1
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi there,

It looks like the community account which posted this has been closed in the meantime since the post was made. I expect it was just taking some time for the My3 account systems to catch up with your port. When a number switches the final bill recalculates your charges to the exact day you moved, so I don't expect there should be any issues, but if you do need help with this, you can find all the ways to get in touch here.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.