cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three not blacklisting stolen phone

MJClem
Fledgling

I have received a letter from Three confirming usage and that they have blacklisted my stolen phone.  In reality the device still has not been blacklisted on the national database and my insurance company will not honor my claim until this is done.  I have opened a complaint with Three but am going round in circles and just keep being sent the same letter to say the device is blacklisted, when it is not!  At this rate I am going to have to open an ombudsman complaint to get the device officially blacklisted on the national database.  Has anyone else found a solution to this problem or can anyone help? 

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
FG
Regular

How did you manage to get proof of usage? I have just been told by their customer services that they cannot provide this and that I should use the latest bill even though the insurance company will not accept this. 

Thanks 

MJClem
Fledgling

I had to provide them with the information and they then sent the same information back to me on headed paper! The whole system is a farce.  They have still not blacklisted the device even though they sent me notification on 31 August that they had. My insurance company will not pay out till it’s done. I think I am going to have to go to the ombudsman in order to resolve his now!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MJClem,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. To my understanding there was an issue where some blacklisting requests weren't reflecting on external databases, this should now be addressed. Were you able to confirm this with your insurer?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.