Logging in just got better. Find out how.
Good news – you can now use your My3 login details for Three Community.
The first time you use them, you can link your current Community username. Or you can create a new one.
Not used My3 before? You can register before you access Three Community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off add-on

Myrrhman70
Fledgling

I used more data than usual one month so bought a 1gb add-on which I now can't turn off and get charged every month. 

How do I deactivate this scam so I'm not charged every month until I change provider? 

17 REPLIES 17
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey Myrrhman70, welcome to Three Community.

The Add-ons available to our Pay Monthly customers come in One Day Boost, Short-term Boost and Monthly Boost variations. We do try to make it clear on both the app and browser version of My3 that Monthly Boosts are recurring and will renew each month until cancelled. I'm really sorry that's not been your experience though, and that you've been charged unexpectedly.

Have you tried cancelling the Add-on via My3? If you click 'My Account' and then 'View / manage Add-ons', can you see the active Monthly 1GB Add-on and the option to cancel it? Are you getting an error message when trying to use that?

Let us know how and we'll do all we can to help.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Myrrhman70
Fledgling

Hi,

There's no option to cancel, the button is greyed out and nothing happens when pressed. 

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hmm, that's frustrating! Sorry that option isn't working, Myrrhman70.

Looks like we'll need to give it a budge manually. I've sent you a PM with details on the next steps to take, so have a look when you get the chance.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Kioshi934
Fledgling

I'm having the exact same problem but with a 3 GB monthly add on which adds quite a lot to my monthly bill. Help would be greatly appreciated thanks. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey Kioshi934,

Sorry to hear you're running into these issues removing the add on. I'll send you a PM so you can get further help if the App or My3 isn't letting you cancel it.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Andyw
Fledgling

I'm having the same problem. it's obviously a common problem so two things really, can you deactivate my add ons as there's no option to cancel them through my3 as they are greyed out and what are you going to do to resolve this issue. 

it also appears that you should be clearer that these are recurring payments.

Andy

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey Andy,

You should be able to cancel Add-ons via My3, I’m really sorry that’s not working. I’ve sent you a PM with more details so we can get this one removed for you as soon as possible.

It’s also something we’ve fed back to the right teams, so we can figure out what’s causing this issue and fix it longer term.

In the meantime, if you have any specific ideas on how we can improve the clarity of our Add-on terms, please do let us know. Currently, our Monthly Boost Add-ons carry the message, “This is a recurring Add-on, and will renew until you cancel it”, but we're always open to feedback on how we can improve things.

StephR

Elouise3000
Fledgling

Hi,

Im having this issue too, I want to cancel the add on before my bill renews in the next week. Can someone please PM to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Elouise3000
Fledgling

Can ignore this, have managed to do now.