cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Re-Register for weeks now, told its going to be fixed but no idea when

JohnC
Regular

I have been unable to sign in to the My three app for a couple of weeks now, it says I need to re-register, then when I try to register using my email address and current password it says ‘there’s already an account with these details, get in touch and we’ll try to sort it out’.

I spoke to three about this a week ago via chat and the advisor asked me if I had more than one account (I don't) and then asked if I could use a different email address.  I said I'd rather keep the current one so they reset my password, this allowed me to login to the web page/account, but I still have this unable to re-register problem with the app. They had ended the session before I could tell them this.

So I spoke to an advisor today again regarding the problem, I have cleared the app cache on my phone, deleted and reinstalled it, same problem, I was then passed to 2nd line technical support who advised they are aware of a problem and technical staff are working on it, customers will be advised via text message when the issue has been resolved.  The advisor couldn't tell me when this would be.  I said would it be before next week and was advised 'hopefully not that long'.

Can anyone provide any info as to a) if this is really all that can be done, and b) any info as to when three are hoping to resolve this?

Best solution
Best solution
JohnC
Regular

I re-registered today using the new email address I had to provide. This all went fine until I had to respond to a 'verify your email' email Three sent as part of the process, I had to verify within 24 hours.  I clicked the link in the email to verify my email address but got a three webpage saying there was an error.  Tried several more times same response. 

I could now login on the website and the app ok, but was concerned that as I hadn't verified my email I might end up locked out or similar, so contacted three via chat again.

Spoke to 2 advisors, I explained the situation and asked if they could send a verification email again, instead of answering me the first advisor told me to use a link they provided to re-register again, I confirmed I had already re-registered but was told to go through the steps on the website to re-register again.  I opened another browser tab and added the link they provided there as didn't want the chat window to close, but it did anyway, so I was then unable to tell the advisor that re-registering didn't work as the system unsurprisingly said 'those details were already in use'. Opening a separate browser rather than tabbed would have avoided this.

So I started again with another chat session and a different advisor, again this one wouldn't send me a new email verification, I can only assume this isn't possible.  Instead they told me to provide yet another email address.  I did this as I could see I was getting nowhere otherwise. They reset my email address on their system, I had to re-register again.  But the re-registering worked immediately (didn't have to wait 24hrs) and the email verification did also.

So far all ok.  But it would seem three have real issues with re-use of email addresses, and you need to have several spares if you have any registering problems which is pretty poor.

View solution in conversation

9 REPLIES 9
Avondale
Rising star

@JohnC 

Have you searched this forum for others having the same problem ? I cannot say that I read every post, but I am sure that I have recently seen other posts about this same issue. Any solutions might be of use to you.  

sc1999
Local celebrity

It's only of any use when someone posts the solution, which is rare, and when the poster accepts the solution. 

Ashcutus
Regular

Is this the same email you used when you purchased the contract?

I have a similar issue where I have multiple separate contracts but they were all created with my email as the email address when they were opened - basically I now cannot access 3 of the 4 accounts until they fix this....

If you had a different email when you opened the account try that one and it might work.

JohnC
Regular

thanks for responses everyone, Ashcutus maybe that's what's happened as had a different contract (phone and sim) then switched to sim only a year ago, so maybe their system sees this as two records (who knows!).  To their credit someone at Three phoned me as a courtesy today to see if still had issues, I explained the problem again and this advisor said I needed to change my email address and re-register as the newly updated system seemingly would simply not accept the old one(?!).  This seems odd to me but I've provided another email address and the advisor changed my account to use this. Told me to wait 24 hours before trying to re-register.  So will give that a go. 

Best solution
JohnC
Regular

I re-registered today using the new email address I had to provide. This all went fine until I had to respond to a 'verify your email' email Three sent as part of the process, I had to verify within 24 hours.  I clicked the link in the email to verify my email address but got a three webpage saying there was an error.  Tried several more times same response. 

I could now login on the website and the app ok, but was concerned that as I hadn't verified my email I might end up locked out or similar, so contacted three via chat again.

Spoke to 2 advisors, I explained the situation and asked if they could send a verification email again, instead of answering me the first advisor told me to use a link they provided to re-register again, I confirmed I had already re-registered but was told to go through the steps on the website to re-register again.  I opened another browser tab and added the link they provided there as didn't want the chat window to close, but it did anyway, so I was then unable to tell the advisor that re-registering didn't work as the system unsurprisingly said 'those details were already in use'. Opening a separate browser rather than tabbed would have avoided this.

So I started again with another chat session and a different advisor, again this one wouldn't send me a new email verification, I can only assume this isn't possible.  Instead they told me to provide yet another email address.  I did this as I could see I was getting nowhere otherwise. They reset my email address on their system, I had to re-register again.  But the re-registering worked immediately (didn't have to wait 24hrs) and the email verification did also.

So far all ok.  But it would seem three have real issues with re-use of email addresses, and you need to have several spares if you have any registering problems which is pretty poor.

Maz
Fledgling

Why can't I re register

Silvia
Fledgling

I cannot re-register either and I tried all the email addresses I could have used. My husband had no problem, though.

The support is just a nightmare, no one answers the phone or the chat.

Any idea from the community? Shall I create a new email address and use that?

Avondale
Rising star

@Silvia 

I suggest that you create a new e-mail address and give that a try.

Please post here to let us know how it went and whether or not it solved your problem.  

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Silvia,

I appreciate this must be frustrating, if there's no email or an email you no longer have access to saved with us then we do need to update this on our end, then you should be able to re-register. As you've mentioned a lot of difficulties reaching our other help teams, I'll refer you over to some colleagues.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.