cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send SMS to Australian number

ssjdug1
Fledgling

Hi all. 

I'm unable to send text to Australian numbers, I've tried a few different numbers in Australia known to be in service but no joy. I've turned phone on and off etc, checked sim settings etc and all ok.  Can send sms to UK numbers ok.  

I checked to see if there's a special international pack I need to add on and nothing.  

I'm getting this error 'can't send message with 3 - error 0' 

My phone is Samsung s21. 

Any help? Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Paddiewack
Superstar

From memory I think it costs around 65p per text to a foreign mobile in another country. I THINK if it’s a British number it comes out of your allowance or cash credit. Best to check with customer service but it’s unlikely to be a problem with your handset. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

The prices for usage not included in a plan can vary depending on when a plan was taken out, and between PAYG to Pay Monthly, it should be listed in one of these price guides though. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ssjdug1,

Sounds like it's either an issue with your account not being provisioned for International use, or a spend limit perhaps.

Did you just recently join Three and this has been an issue since the start, or have you been using the same line to text Australia in the past?

If you log in to your account on the Three App, then click Manage your plan", then you can check and make sure you don't have a £0 cap, and edit this if needed.

International and premium rate services are usually on by default, but if it's not a spend cap, I'd recommend asking customer services to check that you do have access to International calling/texting set up.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.