cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded, now have two plans and numbers?

amycatrin
Fledgling

I just upgraded from a Three SIM-only plan to a new device & plan, but have two concerns: 

1. I cannot work out how to transfer my old number to my new device. I have activated the E-SIM for my new device and that has given me a new Three number, but I want to be able to use my old number as well. I tried inserting the physical SIM from my old device but that has a different Three number attached - the number I want to use is the original number I've had for years, which I originally transferred via PAC code when I first joined Three from EE some time ago.
  2. My account still has two plans attached to it online:
  • One for the SIM only plan, which expires on 9 August 2024 (and currently has my original number attached to it)
  • And the new Device & Plan contract (with the new number), which is a 24 month contract that started on 22 July 2024, but my online account is saying also expires on 9 August 2024?? 

Will the SIM only plan expire and the new Device & Plan start on 9 August, or do I need to do something to manually end one and start the other? Or am I currently paying for both? And how do I get my old number connected to my new plan/ device? 

Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
LRA
Fledgling

I'm in the same boat - already had a three contract & took out a new three contract with affordablemobiles.co.uk because three wanted £70 a month to upgrade my old plan.  Unfortunately you cannot transfer a three number to another three number, PAC codes only work from a different network... so ive had to get a vodafone sim, transfer my original three number to vodafone and then transfer it back to three. I