cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: Misleading Information Regarding iPhone Upgrade - Request for Clarification

jdbajwa
Fledgling

Dear Three Customer Support,

I am writing to express my concern regarding misleading information I received today from your telephone agents about upgrading my iPhone. As a loyal Three customer for over three years, I have never experienced such confusion and frustration.

This morning, I contacted your customer service team to enquire about upgrading my iPhone 15 Pro 256GB to the iPhone 16 Pro 256GB, with a trade-in value of £633 via bank transfer. The agent I spoke with assured me that, according to your website, I would not need to pay any early upgrade fee, which she said had been waived. She then mentioned that due to a technical issue, I should call back in one hour. She assured me that all the information would be updated in the system, and once I called back, the process would proceed smoothly without any further issues.

However, when I called back after an hour, another agent named Varsha informed me that I needed to pay an early upgrade fee of approximately £240. This was completely contradictory to the information I had received earlier, and I feel that I have been given inconsistent and misleading information by your team.

This has left me highly dissatisfied, especially since I have always trusted Three for clear and transparent service. I kindly request urgent clarification regarding the upgrade process and would like to understand why I was provided with conflicting details by your representatives.

Please review my case and provide a resolution at your earliest convenience, as this experience has been very disappointing.

I look forward to your prompt response.

Kind regards,
JD Bajwa

1 REPLY 1
KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @jdbajwa,

I'm sorry to hear you've received conflicting information while trying to upgrade. 

Without access to your account, I wouldn't be able to confirm if you had an Early Termination Fee. However, if you're still within your minimum contract term for your current plan, then upgrading early would usually incur a fee. 

Unless you've received communication from Three offering a free-of-charge upgrade, I'm unsure as to why the fee wouldn't have been applied on the first call.

I'd recommend reaching out to our Upgrades team over live chat, as they'll be able to access the account and clarify if/what charge is applicable, as well as assist with the upgrade, should you choose to go ahead with it. 

Thanks,

Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.