cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - managing multiple numbers on three.co.uk

mstv
Regular

I have 4 numbers with three (separate accounts). Before, I could login with each number separately and access the three website. This is no longer possible since the upgrade, so now I have no way to manage these accounts. I am told by customer services that I must have a separate email account for each number.

However, when I login to the website, I can "add a line" which takes me to the opportunity to purchase another phone or sim. So the system DOES obviously support multiple numbers. What I need to do is merge all my accounts into one, and access all the numbers in one account. 

Three - this has to be the most obvious situation for many customers, as you can see from the other posts on this forum. How could you possibly have not realised that this would be a major issue for people? Or did you choose instead to ignore the pain and inconvenience it would cause your customers? Can someone please PM me to discuss this, otherwise all my numbers will be transferred to another provider as soon as possible. 

Best solution
Best solution
ms-tv
Fledgling

I'm the original poster (although had to re-register on the forum). I eventually had to get this resolved as one of my accounts went out of contract. Amazingly and very pleasingly, I used the live chat and supplied all the numbers I owned, went through security validation (SMS sent to each number) and the advisor merged all my accounts under one account. I can now switch between accounts successfully having logged in with just the main account. When I login, I'm presented a of account numbers from which to choose, and I can switch between them. This is what should have been available from the outset, but I'm grateful it's solved now. When the accounts list is presented, it suggests the overall account is a business account.

View solution in conversation

14 REPLIES 14
sc1999
Local celebrity

Why is there a need to use a different email address as the accounts could be differentiated by a unique number issued by 3. Can you see where I am going? Answers on a postcard.

mstv
Regular

What - you mean like a phone number or account number, which is how the system used to work? Gosh, that would be far too obvious. 

Clever-Trevor
Involved

It’s a huge mess! Used to work fine & now not - they called it progress - 

but since I now ran out of emails, just have to buy from other providers they do support multiple numbers on one login - ( makes you wonder what Three were thinking when they created this mess )

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

I'm sorry to hear the changes to the system have impacted you so much. I can understand why that would be frustrating if you have many accounts. 

The issues are something we're aware of, and it has been fed back to the relevant teams. I hopeful it won't be too long until some fixes can be put in place to make this easier for customers. 

Pete. 

mstv
Regular

Hi Pete,

It is a complete mess. Even though I have now obtained three additional email addresses to use, I cannot register online with them, as the "system" recognises there is an existing email address associated with each of my numbers and expects me to enter that as part of the process. Then, it tells me that the email address in question has already been used. It won't let me enter a NEW email address.  Can you possibly create some kind of online form for customers to send to you in order to have this sorted out? It is really very frustrating to have to go through this. This was either a huge oversight on the part of the product management group responsible, or a known choice by the same people - either situation is shocking. You have effectively blocked our access to the products we're paying for, and the ability to see billing information, call records etc - and you expect customers to fix it.

3Yousuck
Fledgling

It’s now been over two months since your reply on this, and there is still no way to merge all my accounts. We have 6 lines in our household, and we are all considering moving network, because of this crazy inconvenience. 
I could understand having to re-register and maybe re-add my numbers after your supposed “upgrade”, but not being able to do it at all!? 

Rez
Fledgling

It’s now nearly 5 months and this is still an issue, I have 2 devices and only one email ( I do not intend to set up more it’s a security risk I do not want) is there a solid work around to this or has the problem been fixed !!!!!!!

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

You can contact the support team here and ask them to merge your accounts into one. This will allow you to manage both numbers under 1 account.

Pete.

gboyella
Fledgling

To think this still remains an unresolved problem is shocking. I am going to move to another provider as I am unable to check my account.