Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - managing multiple numbers on three.co.uk

mstv
Regular

I have 4 numbers with three (separate accounts). Before, I could login with each number separately and access the three website. This is no longer possible since the upgrade, so now I have no way to manage these accounts. I am told by customer services that I must have a separate email account for each number.

However, when I login to the website, I can "add a line" which takes me to the opportunity to purchase another phone or sim. So the system DOES obviously support multiple numbers. What I need to do is merge all my accounts into one, and access all the numbers in one account. 

Three - this has to be the most obvious situation for many customers, as you can see from the other posts on this forum. How could you possibly have not realised that this would be a major issue for people? Or did you choose instead to ignore the pain and inconvenience it would cause your customers? Can someone please PM me to discuss this, otherwise all my numbers will be transferred to another provider as soon as possible. 

Best solution
Best solution
ms-tv
Fledgling

I'm the original poster (although had to re-register on the forum). I eventually had to get this resolved as one of my accounts went out of contract. Amazingly and very pleasingly, I used the live chat and supplied all the numbers I owned, went through security validation (SMS sent to each number) and the advisor merged all my accounts under one account. I can now switch between accounts successfully having logged in with just the main account. When I login, I'm presented a of account numbers from which to choose, and I can switch between them. This is what should have been available from the outset, but I'm grateful it's solved now. When the accounts list is presented, it suggests the overall account is a business account.

View solution in conversation

12 REPLIES 12
Zoesdad1
Regular

This is an issue for me as well. I have three SIMS, all PAYG. Two are data-only used in a MiFi and the other for internet in the car. Previously I have had three separate "accounts", one for each SIM number, with their own passwords but the same email. I'm now in the position of not being able to see the remaining data allowance on either of the data-only SIMS.

I have contacted customer service who assured me that, after some action on their part, I would be able to manage the car SIM in the app. Sadly, as soon as I tried to access the account I got the registration screen and it wouldn't let me register as the email was already in use.

Correcting this in the "new, improved" app should not be much of an issue, and really should have been fixed by now. 

Alternatively, let the customer service desk remove the account for the secondary SIMS so they can be registered again, following the new regime. I would have thought that the security round SIM ownership would be satisfied by the presence of a duplicate email address. I have other email addresses available, but I can't change the accounts myself (as I can't access them).

Can this be achieved?

Best solution
ms-tv
Fledgling

I'm the original poster (although had to re-register on the forum). I eventually had to get this resolved as one of my accounts went out of contract. Amazingly and very pleasingly, I used the live chat and supplied all the numbers I owned, went through security validation (SMS sent to each number) and the advisor merged all my accounts under one account. I can now switch between accounts successfully having logged in with just the main account. When I login, I'm presented a of account numbers from which to choose, and I can switch between them. This is what should have been available from the outset, but I'm grateful it's solved now. When the accounts list is presented, it suggests the overall account is a business account.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Glad to hear this new process is working in practice! And thanks for taking the time to update the thread.

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!