Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to top up

Diablo
Regular

Hello!

I'm currently abroad and will be back in EU in the next coming days.  The last time I used my SIM was Dec 2022. Will  my PAYG SIM still work and when should I top up my account?  I'm planning to top up couple of days before I fly back to EU.

Appreciate guidance & feedback.  Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
sc1999
Local celebrity

Hi, please read this post. If you have not used the sim in 180 days then you may well have lost it.

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Account-and-services/PAYG-SIM-once-every-180-days-usage-requirement...

Diablo
Regular

Thanks.  Would you know if there's a way to re-activate SIM online? Maybe thru here?

sc1999
Local celebrity

I believe that once the number has been deactivated it goes to be recycled and passed to a new customer.

A post from a moderator said: "I'd recommend getting this checked out with the PAYG customer services team to confirm the reason your number isn't working, but if this has been deactivated due to not being used for 6 months, we can't generally reactivate it."

Diablo
Regular

Hi Maestro,

I still receive security code via text whenever I log on in here that's why I have this feeling that # is still active.  Would you know if there's a way to check if its still active?  I don't want to top up and loose money if I cant use it.  

sc1999
Local celebrity

Call the phone and try to make a call. If you have been receiving texts then this may have been keeping the number active.

Geluk
Key player

Diablo
Regular

I have zero balance at the moment ---that's why I plan to top up for my trip to EU.

sc1999
Local celebrity

Sounds like your best bet is to top up with the minimum amount to see if the number is still active.