cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text messages scam

NouDiss
Fledgling

Hi

I have been receiving text messages from deal alerts.club I had no idea I have been paying for these messages coming from 85222. In the course of this mouth I was charged £10.50 I only found out when I received my monthly bill. I don't know how to stop these unwanted messages and who to ask for refund. Three are not accepting any responsibility for these charges. I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Many thanks

N Dissem 

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

Just googled them and the have a shed load of negative press. I don't know if mobile companies have any responsibility to monitor who uses their network but it shows just how careful us users need to be.

Please let us know if you find out how you got signed up for this.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @NouDiss,

Did you manage to get help with this? These 5 digit shortcodes usually can be cancelled by texting STOP or STOP ALL in reply. 

Phone-paid Services Authority - The UK regulatory body for phone-paid services (psauthority.org.uk) is also helpful for obtaining information about how to contact and dispute these services as they regulate charge to bill services.

They have a look up tool on their homepage, that can help you find info about the owner/operator of 85222 to raise a complaint with them.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

badid
Fledgling

i been charged 15pound as  well for few messages i recived , i dont know how 3 do not protect  their customer ,,,, they may  like  this scam  cos get a part from this money

badid
Fledgling

i received 12 messages from 85222 deal alert club , and i pay for them 15 pound .... i cant get  my money back because the customer service of 3 answer my calls , i dont know what to do .....can some body help with the issu 

thanks