cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 Month Contract Ending

Col33
Active

My 24 month contract ends this month and Three offered me a new deal at £24pm for 2 years. 

I did some searching and Fonehouse is offering £17pm for 12 months with cashback. Had a web chat with Three for an hour and they would only offer "Unlimited Lite DataSim on 12M contract for 20GBP/m".

As the SIM is used in my 4G router and I don't use the calls or text option, the Fonehouse is the better option. My question is, as my account and current SIM were direct from Three, I assume I will need to set up a new account, with the new mobile number with them? Normally I would switch provider and get a comparative deal so never moved from one Three sim deal to another Three sim deal before.

P.S. Only want 12 months as 3G signal was good for 22 months and is now getting unreliable and although 4G more stable, it has dropped my download from 30mb to 7mb. Within 12 months 3G will have gone so fingers crossed 4G will be better otherwise I may need to switch provider.

6 REPLIES 6
sc1999
Local celebrity

If you purchase from Fonehouse use a different email, if you have one, from the one currently used with 3. This may prevent issues with registering an email address that has already been registered.

Col33
Active

Thanks, good tip.

Spud
Involved

My daughter has been on that fonehouse deal for a few months - £11.59/month when the cashback is included!

You could look at prepaid data SIMS from Scancom on Amazon. If you never use much over 300GB/month then a 500GB/month SIM works out at £5/month.

Col33
Active

Thanks Spud, as its for all download/steaming I need unlimited.

Spud
Involved

Yes, perhaps 500GB won't be enough. Though I download a lot and we're streaming - including some UHD at the moment.

Logging in to the Three account, the bills include MB used so I'm keeping a note of those figures for when I'm out of contract. Around 200GB usually, max is 350GB so far.

Col33
Active

Three account is only showing the last couple of days. I just signed up with Fonehouse as £17 for unlimited for 1 year is a good deal and if/when the cashback arrives it works out under £12pm.

If the download speeds in the contract are 50% correct, my download should be 100% better when 3G ends and 4G is boosted in my area. If not, then I will check out other providers this time next year.