cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g Broadband unable to connect to some sites

Grimwald
Regular

Since yesterday I have found that I am unable to connect to some websites and apps unless I use a VPN. I am also unable to connect to my works VPN or remote server but things like MS Teams and Outlook are fine. I have tried different things even a factory reset but still no luck. 
I notice that the firmware of the NR5103E has been updated recently to V1.00(ACBJ.0)b15  and am wondering if this has messed things up as I see others have had problems with that. Is there anyway to downgrade it?

17 REPLIES 17
crwban
Fledgling

I'm also seeing this issue - some sites/apps are not working, and my work VPN is also not working.

awestrope
Fledgling

I have the same issue

xxxx
Fledgling

hi, i'm using a mobile on 4G and i have what seems to be the same problem since some time last night. switching to 3G got things working again. i have a 5G phone and service in my area but not using right now and can't test. i had tried other things that i'd read, such as changing APN settings. an example site that's not working is ISPreview 

Ancam
Fledgling

Having the same issues since about 4pm Thu 1st Feb 24. Some sites are initially slow to load, others refuse to with a 'site took too long to respond' error (for example wikipedia.org)

DNS is working as the domain names resolve.

All devices connected to the router are affected.

andyvee
Active

Same here - and it is intermittent. A site that didn't work a few hours ago is now working. Switched to Google DNS servers and seeing the same. Looks like a routing issue to me ...

Grimwald
Regular

It was about 4pm yesterday for me. I have been on the phone and they made some changes to my router, no idea what, and I tested it and I could connect to the websites and works VPN however they said I then needed to reset the router and nothing connects again. They say they are going to phone back later.

Willow2492
Regular

Same here, from sometime early yesterday afternoon also using NR5103E. I may have fixed it for now by changing the the Cellular WAN from "IPv4" to "IPv4 IPv6 DualStack" in the Broadband tab of the router settings and restarting the router.

All sites that were previously inaccessible are now accessible, I've not tried my work VPN yet as I'm on annual leave today.

crwban
Fledgling

Just confirming that I'm also using an NR5103E, that my firmware recently updated to V1.00(ACBJ.0)b15, and that I've also been seeing this issue since early yesterday afternoon.

My Cellular WAN setting is already on "IPv4 IPv6 DualStack" - but one thing I've noticed is that after a restart, things seem work fine for about 15-20 minutes, and then the routing seems to break again after that.

Grimwald
Regular

My Cellular WAN 1 setting is already "IPv4 IPv6 DualStack" and still no luck