cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Home Broadband issue (keeps dropping out for no reason)

Grum
Regular

HI,

I have had 3 5G home broad band for almost a year, never had any issues until the firmware upgraded to B12. For no reason at all it drops the internet, all lights remain on, 5 to 10 mins later it comes back on, or reboot to come back on quicker.

Never had any issues prior to this upgrade. Called three sent a replacement router, as soon as the firmware updated exactly the same issue, called again and the answer was do you want to cancel your contract. They seemed shocked i said no I want it fixed.

Is this being looked into, clearly there is a problem with the latest firmware

54 REPLIES 54
CeAr0000
Fledgling

May as well work with a bartender to solve your alcoholism. The Home Broadband Team is there to gaslight customers in believing their issues are strange and unusual, while they are well known to Three and likely baked in the profit model. 

mike64
Fledgling

Yes, it’s absolutely absurd.   I upgraded as my older hub (albeit still under warranty) broke.  This hub was great, never any down time.  This hub, NR5103EV2, is shocking.  Everyday, it needs rebooting.  Often, I can access in house equipment such as cameras until I’ve returned home and reset the hub.  Totally ridiculous.  I complained to Three about the fact my old hub was under warranty, yet, the call taker said it was purchased in 2021. Did they have 5g then.  You’d think these hubs would be able to self diagnose and resolve the issues. The customer service, as ever, is deplorable. 

lamian333
Regular

i just also changed the router and still having this issue

cobber57
Fledgling

I am also having this issue, three router keeps losing cabled connections although wireless connections seem fine 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cobber57,

That's quite odd that only wired connections seem to be affected, but it does remind me of this post. The author was able to fix issues with wired connections by changing their Wi-Fi coverage to short instead of long range. Hope this helps!

Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.