cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Home Broadband problem (related to the ongoing mast issue near my home)

metoo6000
Regular

Hi all,

It has been a month again since the 5G Home Broadband gave such a poor speed (DN: 0~2 Mbps, UP: 1~5 Mbps) and frequent disconnections. This is because of the ongoing problems with the mast near my house, so my route has to connect to the other one around 4 miles away. I've contacted Three so many times to solve it since last October. 

My wife and I work from home, and most of our work-related meetings are disrupted. So it's tough for us to continue this agony. I am still waiting for some response from the Three technical teams - thanks to Jonathan's help, but I feel I am getting to the point of changing the service unless they fix this issue ASAP.   

Does anyone have a similar experience with me? Suppose I should be able to cancel the contract without penalty as Three cannot deliver what they promised, but please advise me on the best way to handle it if I have to cancel the contract. I have a 24-month contract starting September 2023. There was a prolonged service disruption due to the same issue between October and November, and we have had another one for a month now. 

I appreciate your help in advance. 

Sungwoo

2 REPLIES 2
goncalosalgado3
Fledgling

Hey,

I saw your comment on my post and I actually can confirm with you that if their service is under delivering for a period of 30days continuously, or they just can't provide you with the service that it's promised,  despite the contract it is completely within your right to cancel.

Please check here: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/broadband-speeds-c...

And I can personally confirm that I have done this in the past, 2 years ago, where I was living in a different area.

I know it doesn't fix your internet issues, but at least you can now know that you have the right to leave your contract without no penalties.

metoo6000
Regular

Hi, 

Thanks for the link. Surprisingly, Three has not signed this code of practice yet, which is very surprising but makes sense for them with this unstable service. Did you cancel a Three contract two years ago?