cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Mobile Broadband issues

Flipper1
Regular

What the hell have Three done to their 5G Mobile Home Broadband?

I took two seperate 5G contracts out last August and was very happy with both— fast and reliable.

Postcode WV12 ***

Since December cannot get a 5G signal anymore and got a permanent blue 4G light on. Even our Three mobile signal only picks up 4G in that area.

Postcode WR11 ***

Last few weeks been progressively getting worse. The Router shows 5 white lights but the WiFi is dropping out every couple of minutes freezing simple things like Iplayer and ITV X. If reboot the router it will restart but then signal drops again and freezes.

The signal checker says no problems reported in the Area.

Is anyone else having these issues or can advise what I can do ?

The routers are the ZTE model MC888

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
MZone
Superstar

Call tech support on 333 option 4 option 3 and option 3 again. They should be able to give you more info. 

Flipper1
Regular

Tried that after your reply. Nice Lady told me it should improve in a few days. Think I was fobbed off. It slightly improved for two days now it’s even worse 😟

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Flipper1,

I'm sorry to hear about this situation. It's best not to share postcodes on the community, as this is exposing your personal info. I've had a check and we're seeing some signs of congestion in the WV12 area you mentioned, and for the WR11 area we've just completed some engineering works.

Hopefully you should start to see improvements soon. As @MZone says, you'd be best to get in touch with the Tech teams who can have a more detailed look at your specific connections, and check what options we have to support you.

If you don't use Three for your mobile, or prefer to check out other ways to get in touch, you can find these on our contact us page.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

Flipper1
Regular

Spoke to customer service who said it should improve after some work in area. Improved slightly for two days now worse than ever, it’s so frustrating ( WR11 )