cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Router Return - Packing

ThatTallGuy
Fledgling

I'm cancelling the 5G backup service I've had and obviously have to return the router. Trouble is i can't find the original packing. Has anyone else returned a 5G router without the original cardboard box / packing? I'm concerned I may be billed extra no matter how carefully i package it. Thanks!

Best solution
Best solution
sc1999
Local celebrity

No experience of 3 but I wrapped a BT hub in a bit of cardboard and did not hear back from them. It would be unreasonable for a company to expect people to keep the packaging as it may be many years before you cancel the contract. 

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
Best solution
sc1999
Local celebrity

No experience of 3 but I wrapped a BT hub in a bit of cardboard and did not hear back from them. It would be unreasonable for a company to expect people to keep the packaging as it may be many years before you cancel the contract. 

ThatTallGuy
Fledgling

My thoughts too @sc1999 thank you.

Jon.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ThatTallGuy,

Sorry there's sometimes a bit of confusion between the return of a new device, and when returning a used router at the end of contract. We just need the router and any cables we supplied. Take care to package it suitably, but we just need it back undamaged, if you can't find packaging from a year or two ago I wouldn't see that as an issue.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

ThatTallGuy
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB 

Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated. I'll ensure it's well packed and returned with the power supply.

Many thanks,

Jon.