cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This can't be for real?

talktohardwick
Active

This has been my 5G home broadband speed for the last few hours....are there known problems with the 5G service? It was great for the first three months I had it and now it is either really slow or needs a total reboot once every 24 hours.

Screenshot 2023-11-01 at 22.20.02.png

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

Have you checked the network status checker? Also have you searched the community as your post is the same as too many others?

coffeedrinker1
Regular

Ignore the network status checker - they may as well say they're working in every corner of the country.

I had this issue for about a week and came *this* close to throwing the router off a cliff, but found a solution which means my average speed is constantly over 100mbs, and near enough 100mbs during peak hours - log into the admin settings > go to network settings > go to broadband > under brand management set the auto selection to off, and check n78/b28/20 and hit save. On the same page, the preferred access technology should be set to NR5G NSA 4G Auto Switch (which i think is the default). 

I was *this* close to calling it quits with the Hub, but this solution has been working for the last few days.

Frankly, there is no reason for Three to be selling and marketing its 5G Hubs so vigorously when it seems like they are marred with constant issues. Customer service is also appalling. 

By the way, if your issue persists I would recommend pestering and pestering customer services to give you a brand new Hub. It seems like other customers on this Community were able to fix their issue this way also.

talktohardwick
Active

Great thanks I'll give that a go. I am having to reboot the thing more and more regularly so I guess it's about to give up the ghost soon enough.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @talktohardwick,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having so much trouble with the router recently. Please let me know how things go if you speak to the team about an exchange.

Thansk,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @coffeedrinker1,

I appreciate where you're coming from but the Network Status Checker is just a helpful first step to establish if we're aware of issues, or doing work in the area. It helps determine as a starting point whether to look for other causes like hardware issues, or whether the issue might be on the network end.

The average 5G speeds are exceptionally high, and tend to outperform fixed line connections on average, please bear in mind most users post on the community as they're experiencing some sort of issue, so it's not necessarily representative of everyone's experience.

Band management can be a hit and a miss, it all depends on the bands transmitting locally, but it can help force the router to connect to a different mast from the default one that is selected automatically by your router. It's worth experimenting with N78, and a combination of available B bands to see what works as this may be subjective to where you are.

Thanks for your feedback in any case, we're investing a lot into improving the underlying infrastructure, so I hope this leads to a stronger connection and speeds for you soon.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.