cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G ZTE MC801A router dropping connection 4-5 times a day

GIWEBB
Regular

I got this 5G router back at the end of November 2022 on a 1 month rolling contract and from day one it drops the connection 4-5 times a day when i'm working, on all devices, and I have to browse to the router web page, disconnect and then reconnect to get it going again.  With working from home this is a constant nuisance as you can be mid-call with someone.  Reported the issue in December and was told to reset router, made no difference, left it as I was off work over Christmas and it was no big deal, I could reset it from my phone when netflix went down on the TV.  Rang support again there today and they said it sounds like a faulty router, but since I am on a rolling contract they can't send me a new one, is this correct, seems bizarre?  Also, any support pages here don;t list this router, all huawai routers.

28 REPLIES 28
chrise
Regular

My 801A supplied March 23 has firmware version 0B15 and drops the 5G connection at least twice per day.

Is this issue still being addressed or has it been abandoned??

LukievdB
Regular

Still no solution forthcoming it seems as no-one from Three Technical Support is responding to our cries for help.

Just swapping out the ZTE for the Zyxel is the quickest and cheapest solution isn't it?

Saving a lot of software bug fixers time....

stevekn
Involved

from my experience negotiating the non-support lines, they are not aware if the problem !

ignoring it does not make it go away!

dmthornton
Fledgling

Suffering from the same. Is there a fix yet?

LukievdB
Regular

I haven't heard anything.

There are a few workarounds circulating on the wider forum but no official solution 

stevekn
Involved

ive also got a new contract ( had to cancel and re-apply zzzzzz took ages) to get the  £20 per month., and a new ZTE “faulty” modem ! 

lots of internet drop outs that customer ( non) service put down to work on the local mast 5G signal always good. ( internet re-appeared minutes/hours later each time)

now i find its a zte modem failure, a reset re-connects the internet.

when will this get fixed ?

stevekn
Involved

i'm still waiting for an answer, still getting dropouts each day B15 ZTE firmware, with "superb" 5G connection ( according diagnostics)

chrise
Regular

Firmware b15 router continues to drop 5g, has anyone had any progress?

This device is not fit for purpose

mattpreston80
Regular

this has been happening to me for months also. Three support basically said I can leave if I don't like the service, and didn't offer a solution. It basically sounds like either a software fault on the router, or a capacity problem with the network it's self, and when it reaches capacity it bumps some users off, so a reboot gets you back on.