cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NR5013E and devices no longer having Internet connectivity

cruisealtitude
Regular

Hi, am having a very strange problem with my NR5013E 5G home broadband 5G router, hope someone can help.

Firmware version 

V1.00(ACBJ.0)b14

I understand from having read elsewhere that 3 performed a firmware push around the 16-17th September 2023.

Since this push, two of my networked Internet devices which were working fine beforehand - are no longer able to communicate with the Internet!

I have a Toshiba Smart TV, model 43UL2163DBL
and a Honeywell TR6 home wireless Thermostat

(other devices connected to the router are working fine as before).

Whilst both these devices are able to connect to the router's 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi networks (as before), and the devices appear as 'connected' both on themselves as well as on the routers Home Network list (IP address supplied via DHCP)... the television is no longer do any speed test, use any of the Apps (Netflix, iPlayer, Rakuten, Prime etc etc) as they all say 'Not connected to the Internet'.

The Honeywell thermostat is the same, it connects to the Router, appears as connected, but as soon as I try and use the app to remotely control the device, this fails and reports 'Not connected to cloud services'.

The MAC address of both devices appear on the router, with an IP address assigned. There are no block lists in operation and I have attempted to switch the firewall on and off - all to no avail.

So it appears these two devices are no longer communicating to the internet at all, via the NR5013E. This worked before the 17th September!

I have factory reset the NR5013E, factory reset the Toshiba television, factory reset the Honeywell thermostat. Nothing is helping and these devices, whilst appearing to be connected to the WIFI network, are 'dead'.

Using the Diagnostics tool on the router, I have tried to ping the IP address of the Thermostat and the Toshiba television, and this results in a 100% packet loss, even though I can see the devices as having been assigned an IP address via the DHCP. So there seems to be no IP comms between the router and the devices, even though they are appearing to be connected.

Having connected the Toshiba television to my telephone's hotspot network over the EE network- the television instantly gets Internet access - so the problem is with the NR5013E!

Does anyone have any advise? Essentially I am no longer able to control my thermostat from my Phone's App, and I am no longer able to use any of my TV's smart apps.

2 REPLIES 2
cruisealtitude
Regular

this solution worked for the Toshiba television and the Smart TV has regained its connection to the internet.

However, the Honeywell Thermostat is still reporting a 'Cloud Connection error'.

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Broadband/FYI-IPv6-Prevented-VPN-Connection/m-p/14851#M2605

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @cruisealtitude,

I've not seen that specific device mentioned on the community to my knowledge but I wonder if it's similar to this thread given that they're very similar devices: Heatmiser Hub Connection Issues 

Let me know if that helps,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.