cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G broadband doesn't work anymore so had to purchase virgin cable broadband instead

Damo1
Fledgling

My 5g broadband worked fine for a number of months but then the last 2 months it's been completely unusable so I had to purchase virgin media on top of it to enable me to work from home.  The service promised hasn't been provided so how can I terminate the contract without having to pay it off?  Surely 3 are in breach of contract and not providing the service promised?

4 REPLIES 4
Helwel
Fledgling

I am having exactly the same trouble - brought a 5g box middle of audit and it’s started getting slower and now no wifi 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Damo. 

It's disappointing to hear you're having issues with your home broadband connection. It's unclear what would cause an issue to last as long as 2 months, but it's certainly longer than I'd expect.

The Broadband support team would normally investigate the issue and let you know what's causing it, and would explore options relating to the problem with you. I'd recommend reaching out to the Broadband Support Team to let them know you're still having the issues, and you can discuss your request to close the account as well. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Damo1
Fledgling

Ok that's great, thanks Pete.  How will they contact me?  Nothing so far

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

The link I gave is a page for you to contact the team. It's unlikely they would reach out to you unless you had previously agreed a call back with them. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.