cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G gone suddenly in Crawley near centre

lukasparsek
Regular

Hi. Any admin from Three in here and can enlighten me if there are still any 5G works in the RH10 1AT post code? I had 1,5 month of great speeds/no issues and suddenly 5G is gone since Wednesday. There was a note of some works on network status checker till yesterday morning, but since then everything should be fine. Chatted and phoned support multiple times now and they told me the works should be finished by now. All reboots resets did not work. I pulled out the SIM, placed in my 5G phone and same thing - no 5G and very slow 4G which I have no intention of paying for in the long run ... Will be at 3 store later also to ask further questions and check if there is 5G over there...

9 REPLIES 9
Silver
Fledgling

I'm having the same issue in Crawley this week, I have had no major issues with connectivity in the last 18 months but this week I'm getting no sort of signal at all, I also experienced this since the outage on Wednesday through to Thursday morning.

sc1999
Local celebrity
lukasparsek
Regular

Yeah, first thing I did and thought it is was connected to these noted works, but now with no works showing and support only guessing, I'm struggling to understand what's happening... EE 5G works btw.

lukasparsek
Regular

Did a run with the SIM and it seems all my close area has no 5G, but in strict center and 3 store all working nice haha... Lady in the store said a number of customers came to report same issues, so they are definitely aware and should be working on the fix... I'm not holding my breath 

fashric
Active

Exactly the same issue in NN9 area no 5g at all for the last week. Have to manually put the router in 4g mode to even get any internet connection. Tried everything my end. It had been running perfectly since March with great speeds and ping, no work or issues being shown in my area. Was told by support that there is no timeframe for it to be working again! Absolute joke

lukasparsek
Regular

Some hope for anyone affected here - "We’re fixing an issue with our network in this area

We’re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual."

lukasparsek
Regular

And 5G is officially back here. Hope they will get you sorted in your areas as well, but it takes time

fashric
Active

Mine was back on Monday. I can deal with the lower speeds if there are issues that need fixing, but why can't they inform customers of these issues? Leaving people in the dark and to waste their time contacting customer support is a bit naff.

lukasparsek
Regular

True, also it seems it is a hit and miss with support. Seems they have scripted replies and don't believe what you have to say, putting trust on what they may see on their screens which does not seem very insightful, just reporting it back to UK and added to pile of issues to fix at some point. If lucky it could take days, unlucky week/s