cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t register my new sim and device

Ctoms93
Fledgling

Received my MiFi upgrade and can’t register the sim as the number is unknown on device system, reset it and turned it off. Any tips ? 

2 REPLIES 2
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Ctoms93,

If it's an upgrade it should really be the same number as before. If this is an additional line, then check if you've received a "customer agreement" email as this should have the number listed and is usually sent out when the line is set up.

If you can get into your router/MiFi admin on a browser, then there's usually an SMS feature, so you could send a text to your mobile. Likewise you could also pop the SIM in a phone and try checking your settings, or send a message.

If all else fails customer services are permitted to confirm a Broadband SIM's phone number once you've passed security. So you could call, chat, or pop into a store with photo ID.

JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

Syg
Fledgling

I have the same problem registering a new 5G broadband sim, customer services just told me to wait 48 hours as there was nothing they could do. They couldn’t find my order or details. There’s just loads of contradictory info. I’ll try going to a 3 shop tomorrow and if that fails I’ll just have to cancel as I’m within 14 days.