cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g home broadband issues

35gbb
Fledgling

I moved house in August and the cabled internet is quite low speeds so seeing that there is a 5g tower close by and speeds were estimated to be very good in the are I decided to take the 5g home broadband 24month contract thinking any problems would show themselves during the first month return window. I was wrong.

so in the 7months I've lived here there has been issues getting worse all the time. september time there was planned maintenance which fair enough I accepted could cause issues, but I had such minimal connection for a full week that I couldnt even check whatsapp on my mobile phone. but it was over and the status page said everything was fine again. 
There was another odd day or so here and there where the network light turned blue and I had no 5g connection and the 4g connection I got was so poor it couldnt even handle imessages.

In february time I got a notification from EE saying they were doing work on the masts nearby. for a full week I had very little EE or 3 signal during most of the day time until maybe 9 or 10pm so since I rely on the internet for my communication, my work, my television I literally was cut off for a week with very little notice. However since this 3's network status page has said there is a fault with the network in my area. a lot of the time it is running fine, but my internet has been dropping for at least 1 day a week, some weeks its all week. I would say since February I've had at least 20 days where I have had a blue network light on my router and next to no internet connection with no updates on the status page giving any indication to how long the work will be ongoing.

On monday afternoon the blue light once again came on, my network connection almost none existent, this continued into yesterday when  I connected customer services who say I have a sim card problem which will be coming in the post sometime within the next couple of days. I'm highly doubtful this will fix anything as I cant see it being a sim card issue? This morning around 11am the light turned from blue to white and my connection is decent again. But how long for? 

at least once or twice a week I'm getting this network issue but inbetween its a good connection. If this keeps happening I'm going to have to look into taking one of the cabled options at around 30mb/s and pay for that alongside my 3 router just so that I will have some kind of connection at all times since I'm stuck in a 24months contract now with the 3 home broadband router. 

2 REPLIES 2
Madmelly76
Regular

You should be able to get out of contract free of charge because they are not delivering the service you was promised. They can't expect you to pay for a service that's obviously not fit for purpose. Ring or chat to customer service and explain the situation and that their services is no longer fit for purpose so you would like to cancel on those grounds without paying a penalty. If you can't get anywhere with who you are chatting to, ask them to escalate it to the complaints department. But..... You have to be firm with them. Not rude! Just firm! 

SuziM
Employee
Employee

Hey @35gbb - thank you so much for posting here. Welcome to the Three Community!

It definitely doesn't sound like you're having the best time with your Home Broadband and from the sounds of it, I'm not sure if this is a network or a router issue. We've had a couple of instances where it was actually a faulty router that was to blame. Not all, mind you.

We'd love to take a closer look at this for you, so please check your private messages on here. To find your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then “Messages”.

SuziM x