cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g hub ZTE mc888 won’t allow WiFi calling

Rural
Regular

We have recently switched to Three. We switched from the standard broadband to the 5g hub because we are very rural and our highest speed on the line was 5mb. With the hub we are getting the fastest broadband we’ve ever had. But here’s the problem: it won’t allow us to use WiFi calling. We rely on WiFi calling because signal in the house is awful (old house and very thick walls). WiFi calling worked for us before but won’t with this hub. Can anyone help us with this?

56 REPLIES 56
Ika82
Fledgling

Any updates guys?

we have the same issue. New 5g hub won’t let us do wifi calls, the previous one (4yo) had no issues with it. 
also my kindle won’t connect to the new 5g hub device

Rural
Regular

Still waiting Three!! 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello.

The issue is still being looked into. As Jonathan mentioned, an update will be provided once there's news to share.

Pete.

Hagadol
Regular

How long can it take for this to be looked into ?!  I am sure will be on to 6G before this is resolved.

Hagadol
Regular

Update - For the first time, in the last few hours Wifi Calling is working for me. I would like to recall my earlier post today regarding 6G.  My iPhone has an O2 Sim and it is now working with the Three Hub with regard to Wifi Calling.Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 15.14.04.png

Hagadol
Regular

WiFi Calling showed up on my iPhone this afternoon, though I did not actually place or receive a call. This evening it is not working.

Hagadol
Regular

I check again this morning and it is working. I did a test call with it. This is my iPhone with an O2 Sim.