cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal speeds on 5G NR5103E

MJW-GTR
Active

Since Christmas in my current area the maximum speed I've had on 5G has been 11mbps.

Network checker states no issues, just a new thing saying more usage in the area which I really don't believe.

What on earth's going on? On the b15 firmware too.

8 REPLIES 8
sc1999
Local celebrity

More usage means that 3 have sold more broadband than the local network can support. You the second person today with the same message. 

MJW-GTR
Active

It's ridiculous, I'm considering leaving them as soon as I can.

sc1999
Local celebrity

Get some cheap broadband Sims from other networks as there is no guarantee that they will be better. I am lucky as we got fttp very early in BT's rollout.

MJ
Fledgling

I'm in a similar position but instead of considering, I'm DEFINITELY leaving, never to return!

Flipper
Fledgling

So similar to my story. Started 5G contract in August, it was brilliant. Download speeds of nearly 200 mbs. Last 3 weeks abysmal speeds and dreaded blue 4G light on. Router constantly changing where it is getting signal from. Network checker says no issues in Area. Surely Three have done something to wreck the Service in my Area WV12.

MZone
Key player

I think you’ll find the reason is over subscribing in your area.

MJW-GTR
Active

The speeds have gotten even worse! Absolutely nothing from Three giving reasons why.

IMG_8022.png

IMG_8023.png

  

What do we do now?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @MJW-GTR,

Sorry to hear this, it sounds like this must be really disruptive. Are we aware of any issues in the area?  Do you have a 5G mobile with Three at all, or an alternative 5G device that you can test the SIM in? This may help indicate if the issue is on the network or the router.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.