cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another 5g router return nightmare along with misbilling

JohnSheffield
Regular

August 18th, I cancelled my 5g home broadband via PAC, figuring this would be the easiest no hassle way to do so as it would be all automated.  How wrong was I!  Three continued to take another months money 6th of Sept, despite the line being cut off on the 21st Aug. £25.08.

I then spend an hour on webchat, with the agent at first saying there is a 30 day notice period until I remind them there is no notice with PAC.  He claims he was just about to say that, and I will hear back in 48 hours, of course nothing happens.

15th Sept.  I contact them again and am forwarded to a complaints team who tells me a final bill will be coming soon that will fix all this and I will be refunded.  I ask are they going to take their router back?  The agent arranges a royal mail return bag will be sent with 4 working days.  Nothing arrives.

19th Sept. I get a text saying my final bill has been calculated which is a refund of £23.11.  Since they bill in advance, I was expecting the £25.08 back plus a partial refund of the month it was cancelled.  A few days later a paper bill arrives that mysteriously has no dates or calculations as to how they arrived at £23.11.   So roughly it would appear that having cut off the line on the 21st they continued to charge me for another 2 weeks or so.

29th Sept (Friday).  I get an e-mail saying its now been 14 days and you've still not sent it back.  So once again I go on webchat and agree they'll send a DPD label via e-mail, which will come in 24 hours.  Again, nothing.

N.B.  Anyone from Three looking at my account, the number I have entered is not the number in question it refused to accept that.

5 REPLIES 5
JohnSheffield
Regular

Is anyone able to help me  @JonathanB  ?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JohnSheffield,

Sorry for the delay in getting in touch, and moreover for this poor experience. Your bill due date is 19 days after the bill production date, so this may explain the discrepancy with the refund. I'm happy to get you in touch with more help to check this over though. I'll send you a PM now which will get you in touch with an escalated support team.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JohnSheffield
Regular

Update on this one:  Out of the blue a huge return black plastic bag has turned up today in a torn envelope.

Sadly Royal Mail being just as inept and dishonest as Three means there is no posting date on the envelope's label, so I cannot tell if this has been sent ages ago and lost or only recently posted.

I was getting myself ready for a court battle too when they tried to fine me for not returning it!

JohnSheffield
Regular

I am happy to say I received an e-mail yesterday that my return has been processed and everything is in order.

This was dropped off at the Post office on the 5/10, so again rather slow  - 8 working days.

I do not think they refunded the correct amount, but my time is more expensive than the amount they stole, so I guess they will keep it.  Easy way to make profit if you can get away with it!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JohnSheffield,

I'm really glad to hear this was sorted finally. If you think the refund doesn't add up please have another chat with the team I referred you to, I'm sure they'll be happy to check into it further if this doesn't look right.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.