cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any clever people know the answer to these home broadband quirks? Or a fix?!

Cardiactech2001
Fledgling

Hi All! Just got three home broadband but there’s a few things I’m finding really strange that I can’t work out! Speeds seem fine but the 3 things puzzling me are;

1) can’t send photos by iMessage using the broadband. They won’t deliver have to switch WiFi off and send via data

2) can’t perform a Speedtest using the ookla Speedtest app. It fails every time have to use a web based service

3) TikTok lives won’t show video yet speeds seem good enough 

Any clever people know why this is??? I can’t get my head round it - there’s not some daft setting I need to adjust or something?? 

6 REPLIES 6
Lifeguard7466
Regular

Do any apps that require internet access work correctly when you're not on wifi?

If not, try resetting your network settings (Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings).

You'll have to re-enter your wifi password next time you connect to it.

Go to Settings/Messages and make sure that Send as SMS is turned on.

-elete your conversation with a specific number and try starting a new conversation with it.

Restart your iPhone. Go to Settings/General/About and see if it prompts you to install an update from your carrier.

Contact your carrier to make sure your text messaging plan is set up properly.

Go to Settings/General/Reset and Reset Network Settings.

Back up and restore your device (through iTunes or iCloud).

Cardiactech2001
Fledgling

Thanks for the reply! But yes everything works as soon as I switch to mobile data and everything works using the TP link modem! The only thing that won’t work now seems to be TikTok live - but it’s done my head in long enough now. Will send it back and get a none contract sim for my little TP link device instead! 

Cardiactech2001
Fledgling

Has anybody experienced problems with this router blocking certain things? It has good speeds but when I try and send an iMessage over the WiFi it fails. If I watch TikTok and scroll to a live there is no video and if I click links in Facebook they won’t open! The software won’t update on it. I contacted three, they told me to contact ZTE, but ZTE told me updates are automatic and will simply update itself! I’ve tried the three sim in a TP Link M7350 and everything works perfectly so seems to be something about the router! Any clever people out there suggest any settings change or why it doesn’t work! I’ll be returning it under 30 day warranty because it’s unusable the way it is. 

Cardiactech2001
Fledgling

Bizarrely Speedtest now works, iMessage has started to allow picture sending but TikTok lives won’t show! 

communitygeek90
Fledgling

Hello! I am having the same issue and thought a simple reset would work, it seems this is a three glitch. But then again it’s cheap for a reason! Have you managed to get TikTok lives to work? I am struggling too! YouTube wouldn’t load up for me for a while. 

communitygeek90
Fledgling

I just found a fix. Might cost though! I was an old customer so I have noticed they’ve changed the hub. A bad upgrade should I say, however the old model (Zyxel NR5103E) can be found on eBay - I actually bought one and my data sim works perfectly fine there on TikTok lives, iMessage, etc. it seems the newer hub that is being purchased recently has some restrictions and I believe three do this to avoid high usage of internet although its unlimited, hopefully I am wrong and it’s just a glitch in their upgrades.