cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody else having an issue with data/internet at SW15?

lxxmng
Fledgling

For the past 10 days or so, my usual speed of 200-300 Mbps has dropped to a mere 1-2 Mbps with only one bar out of five. Three has acknowledged the issue, claiming they’re working on it, but it feels like a generic response with no clear indication of when this problem will be resolved. It seems like they’ve lost a few masts, as I'm now only getting 4G instead of 5G, and the speed reminds me of what we had back in 2000. Absolutely shocking

2 REPLIES 2
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lxxmng,

I'm sorry to hear that the speeds have been letting you down lately. If it's a known issue we're working on you should be able to confirm this on our Network Status Checker. I appreciate an issue like this can be really disruptive. The mast you'll be falling back to will be picking up extra traffic to compensate for the loss of service on the one you normally use.

Most issues like this are very short term though, so hopefully everything will be back to normal soon, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

tyz90n9
Fledgling

Hi Fledgling,

I thought I was the only one experiencing this issue, but after speaking with others in my area who use Three, it seems we're not alone. I live just across the river from you in Fulham SW6, and we've noticed the signal dropping from 5 bars to 1 over the past three weeks. The situation hasn't improved, and our broadband is getting disconnected up to five times a day whenever the signal is lost.

When we check the "Network Status Checker," it claims everything is perfect, but that's far from the truth.

It feels like Three isn't interested in addressing this, as their "fake" Network Status Checker insists everything is working fine, which clearly isn't the case. We should keep calling Three until they resolve this issue in our area. Hopefully, a moderator will bring this to their attention.