cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful ping and internet drop outs

dylanharvy
Fledgling

I’ve moved the broadband over to Three in October, and it’s the worst decision I made! I’ve constantly had issues with internet drops, download speed and the ping is awful! I WFH and also stream games so need a stable and reliable internet connection.

I live in the city centre and in an apartment (high floor), so expected the connection to be great. Unfortunately, I was wrong. 

Weirdly, the internet gets stronger when I slightly open the window? But that’s not a realistic option during the winter. I also priced up an external antenna for it, but they are hundreds £££. 

With my internet download speed averaging 17Mbps, ping nearly hitting 600 and upload speed not even reaching 2Mbps, surly this means Three isn’t keeping their promise of a stable connection and I should be able to terminate the contract early? 

Any advice would be great.

Thanks 

IMG_2061.png

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

Try reading the t's&c's, if you can stay awake long enough. There are a few weaselly worded clauses that don't promise anything. If you press hard you may get a discount. You can try for a cancellation based on poor performance but don't hold your breath and keep a copy of any transcript.

The other important thing to do is post router type, firmware version and settings. Then someone may be able to offer specific advice.

dylanharvy
Fledgling

Thanks. I just spoke to their WeChat and was told that I don’t even have 5G in the area, but when purchasing the device online it said there was 5G in my area, so I’ve been mis sold the contract. I’ve saved a transcript of the conversation and I’ll give Three a call in the morning 

Aaronkr
Fledgling

I also work from home and take voip calls which keep constantly dropping since moving to Three broadband. The annoying thing is I was in training for the first 6 weeks of my contract with Three starting and only just started taking calls in the last few weeks. Only now I can see that the network just isn't suitable for voip calls or home working. I've called so many times and the most frustrating thing is the support don't seem to read notes and just do the same thing over and over again without any results. They're now sending me a new router which will take 5-7 working days meaning I'm going to have to explain to my new employer why I can't work for a week. Switching to Three was such a bad mistake. 

dylanharvy
Fledgling

Yeah, it’s awful! I’ll get 200mbps, then the next second it’ll drop to 15mbps or just drop completely for 15mins?! Really unstable and unreliable.