cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad WiFi and Even Worse Customer Service

ct04
Fledgling

New customer here. I had got a phone plan and broadband last Friday. No issues with the phone plan however the broadband has been infuriating. The router I had received at the Three store is a ZTE MC801A. Since the start I have only got less than 1 Mbs download and upload. I have done everything on their website as well as looked at the network status checker, nothing seems to work. So I figured I would contact customer service and they were absolutely no help. In conclusion, they basically told me that 5G wasn't in my area and they didn't cover my area and to go back to their store and tell them that and to try their mobile broadband. Why wouldn't the store have told me that in the first place? They knew the area I lived in and still gave it to me? I have spent hours trying to figure it out and there was nothing I could've done about it. Are there any fixes or do I simply have to go back up there and return everything. I am very close to calling it quits with Three.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

To the very best of my knowledge (and I stand to be corrected) it’s up to the customer to check coverage in their area. For this reason your only redress is to return the router to the shop always assuming you’re within 14 days. Mobile broadband is only available via 4g so the speeds you’re getting now would be broadly similar if you opted for that route. As for customer service well I steer clear of them as much as is possible so you can read into that as you wish.

Sorry not to be giving you better news.

Geluk
Key player

And 3 provide your Broadband provision, not your WIFI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So many people don’t differentiate between broadband and WiFi!