cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nonexistent upload speed NR5103E

coffeedrinker1
Regular

Max upload speed I get at any given time is 1mbps, even though download speeds are typically 100-200. 

any advice? 

had the box for like 4 months now and this is still a problem 

4 REPLIES 4
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

I'd recommend starting of with a restart of the router. Once it's back up and running, if it's still slow, I'd recommend doing a factory reset of the Hub. This should bring everything back to default settings and rule out any configuration issues. 

Pete.

Spud
Involved

Even if your router has a 5G connection, in the UK we have "5G NSA" (non-standalone) - it has to connect to 4G at the same time.

Your router shows what bands it is connected to - "B" bands are 4G, "N" are 5G. You might see something like "B1 B3 N78".  If your 4G bands only include "B20", that is a lower frequency 4G band that can operate over greater distances but has lower capacity.

Use cellmapper.net to find which bands are active on masts near you. Try positioning the router at different locations. You can set the router bands manually, if you're only getting B20, try excluding that as it may connect to B1 and/or B3 (whatever is available) at lower signal strength but give you better upload speed

dylanharvy
Fledgling

This is such a helpful and informative response (more than I’ve ever got from Three). Is there any chance you could explain how to manually set the router bands? Thanks 

Spud
Involved

I don't have this router, I borrowed my son's some time ago to test 5G in my area (poor). ISTR in the router's web control panel there is a row of tabs across the top. Scroll to the right to find a tab were you can change the band selection from automatic to manual.