cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broad band

Lizzbrown666
Fledgling

I’ve got broadband in my place for the last 6/8 months. I only live in a little place and pay for one of the best. However it’s constantly crashing and freezing it’s so frustrating. I’ve even got a wifi booster which doesn’t help at all. I pay a lot of money each month yet don’t get even a half decent connection. Anyone have the same or similar problem? Thanks in advance 

3 REPLIES 3
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey, Lizz. Welcome to Three Community.

I'm sorry your broadband experience has been so hit and miss, that's super frustrating. Hopefully other community members will have some handy tips, but in the meantime you'll find lots of info on our support pages.

Have a look through the guides there, and try out some of the troubleshooting steps. If you're not seeing any improvement, then get in touch so the broadband team can investigate further. 

Crashing broadband is the worst, so we want to make sure that's sorted for you. Let us know how you get on.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

tonyr
Fledgling

Hi, I had similar problems and was just about to leave. I was trying different places for the router with no luck, I noticed a small switch on the back for antenna int/ext. It was set to ext , I moved it to int and suddenly I have 200mb+ down and 100mb+ up. Worth checking

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Great tip @tonyr, it sounds like your router was trying to connect to an external antenna, so that would severely impact your connection if no external antenna was actually connected.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.