Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Govee Camera - unable to connect to Three 5G router

gdv9412
Fledgling

I have recently purchased a set of Govee T2 lights, but the camera needs to connect via 2.4GHz bandwidth in order to complete the calibration.

I have already separated the SSID but still no luck, is there any other steps that can be taken, or anything I am missing to allow the Govee to connect with 2.4GHz to the 5G router?

3 REPLIES 3
Psmithson
Active

My kindle only connects to the guest network. Worth a try

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @gdv9412,

I've not seen anyone post about that particular brand before, but we have seen a few instances of devices not connecting when the APN for the router is on the default IPv6 settings. Although this was initially mentioned in regards to a VPN connection issue, there's some guidance on this thread: FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection 

If you set a manual APN profile, and choose IPv4 only, this may fix this for you. Or if this is proving difficult to resolve from your router admin, if you contact the Broadband team they should be able to set you to IPv4 only on their end.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

BookableOlive
Fledgling

I have had this issue with the Govee T2 lights aswell. In the end I used my phones hotspot to connect it and a tablet too. This made it so you can see the cameras.