cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband on and off (intermittent)

Pavelds
Fledgling

Ok I’m going insane. About a week ago or so I noticed problems with downloads to my Sky box, and intermittent wifi… long story short I got a brand new router from 3 sweating that it’ll sort out the issues…. Guess what???

Yup, same issue. I’m not sure what happened but the quality of service dropped from “it’s ok I guess, Sky broadband is worse” to “I need to get Community fibre asap”

any one with a similar issue???

6 REPLIES 6
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Pavelds,

Welcome to the Three Community, we'll do our best to help.

We're currently investigating some issues with using Sky services in particular: Sky glass and three 5g home broadband 

Are the issues specifically with your Sky box, and seem to match up with the above conversation, or is it more general? Can you explain a bit more detail about what's been happening?

Let me know and I'll do my best to point you in the right direction for more help.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

philmanderson
Regular

I too am experiencing the same issues. I have 4g broadband, experienced no issues with Sky Q until very recently. Other threads mention Sky have not made any recent changes however Three have - adult content being one. The issue I experience is network connection on Sky Q dips in and out flagging connected/not connected. There is a steady network connection to broadband router but it is connection to internet that flashes between ✔️ and x every 5 seconds or so.  I have tried altering DNS to 8.8.8.8. - no resolve

Sjaybee
Fledgling

Yes I am having exactly the same issue with 5G and Sky Q. No downloads possible, intermittent internet connection.

Contacted Three technical helpdesk, first told me that they were aware of the issue. Three days later called again and was told that they weren't aware of any issues. 

All staff seem to be India based which makes communication difficult and they seem to have no idea what Sky is or how it works.

Not satisfactory at all.

stevekn
Involved

same problems here ( as well as very low internet speeds on a “good” 5G signal ) found that changing the sky DNS ( in advanced network settings) to 1.1,1.1 helped the connection dropping downloads completely although often internet “speeds” still  too low  to “live” stream.

for general internet connections try a VPN as often faster over same circuit ( again bypasses three servers ) 

( anyone know how to get skyQ to connect via a vpn ? )

this morning a hawei modem reset  ( turn off and on) got my internet back.)

i also in the past have been passed by the online customer-non service, onto the Indian “engineers” … less said the better…   ( and i thought my previous supplier virgin was bad ! )

stevekn
Involved

had zero internet on a good 5G signal twice to day. a reset each time re-established a good internet speed.

downdetector showing big three internet outages today …

stevekn
Involved

investigating it appears that the supplied ZTE broadband (sic) modems provided by three intermittently drop the internet ( despite there being a good 5G signal)

It come back if left for minutes-hours...!!!!

If you restart the modem, you can get internet connectivity straight away.

Download the ZTE app to your phone and learn where Restart is !

Three this NOT good enough, a known problem you fail to correct.