cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection having issues around 5pm each day

ashscrivens
Regular

Having to restart my hub everyday it seems to start having issues around 5pm each day.

Web pages become unresponsive, my sky stream struggles to start streams and speed tests mostly fail. However this isn’t every request, for example some speed tests do go through and come back with normal speeds.

I would say 1 in 5 work. A reboot of the hub seems to fix the issue but it’s becoming annoying.

Is this because I’m using the three.co.uk APN possibly? (Which I’m having to use to get around other issues with devices not working using 3internet)

It’s been a bit of a disaster switching my internet to three to say the least.

Best solution
Best solution
ashscrivens
Regular

I tried switching back to the 3internet APN with IPv4 only enabled and so far everything is working still. So will see if this improves the reliability and doesn't need restarting each day.

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
Paddiewack
Superstar

I too have broadband from Three and can’t say I’ve had any issues in the five months I’ve been using it. I think your first step is to check the Three status page for any issues within your postcode. You’d be surprised at how often an issue correlates with your service problems. I’m not a techie but I would seriously doubt your use of the APN you mention is causing your speed issue;it’s more likely to be caused by work being done on the mast or network congestion which given you say it happens at a particular time must be a prime suspect.

Best solution
ashscrivens
Regular

I tried switching back to the 3internet APN with IPv4 only enabled and so far everything is working still. So will see if this improves the reliability and doesn't need restarting each day.

Paddiewack
Superstar

Good luck. 🤞

ashscrivens
Regular

So switching back to 3internet and leaving on IPv4 only has fixed the issues. All devices connect and i have not had to reboot since.

Actually seen an increase in speeds too, now reaching 600-700Mb!

Paddiewack
Superstar

Good.👏👏👏