cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the vonage voip box work with a 5g router

Bob742
Fledgling

I would like to use three 5g broadband but will the vonage box work?. I know there are issues with ee but I understand that three  broadband works differently.

2 REPLIES 2
Jem23a
Fledgling

Hi Bob

Up until a week or two ago I had a vonage adapter working in tandem with a 5G router from 3. For some reason the Vonage phone stopped working andf despite repeated interactions with the Vonage help desk the probelem was not resolved, even after they supplied me with a new vonage box.. They asked me to ask 3 to open ports with certain numbers (which I now forget and did not understand). Anyway I contacted 3 and they refused even to dicuss the problem as my broadband connection was working fine and they only fix problems if the broadband connection is defective (actually it is superfast and has so far been reliable). Upshot is I've cancelled my Vonage contract and have gone mobile only. It seems likely that if you get a vonage system it will not work with a 5G router from 3.

Anvil_Iron
Rising star

I found this on the Vonage Residential Support. It seems the Vonage box can't be used with Three broadband.

Vonage Residential | Answer | Get Internet Service