cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address of customer service director

mb
Fledgling

Does anyone have an email address for the director of customer services for Three?

Yet again I'm faced with a problem with my mobile broadband and I can't get a straight answer out of the staff when I phone.  I've called 5 times today and I've had 5 different stories about what the issue is:

• They are working on the mast - they will get back to me in 7 days
  • They were awaiting information and cut me off
  • It was a planned upgrade
  • There was a failed software update and they are awaiting information from their supplier
  • There is a network issue and it should be fixed sometime soon

My internet connection appears to be working okay, but there is only one website available to me.  www.three.co.uk   .

The last time I had an issue with my broadband just a few weeks ago I basically had no internet for over 2 weeks.

I really feel that senior management of Three have absolutely no clue about the complete mess customers have to ensure when their service goes wrong.  No one will commit to when it will be fixed and I literally receive a different story every time I ring up.  I'd be happy for someone to listen to the phone calls I've made today to confirm this.

6 REPLIES 6
Rentaquote
Fledgling

We have the same problem.  Most websites are off limits.

mb
Fledgling

In my latest call the Three I've managed to establish there has been a software update (not sure what equipment), but this has stopped ZTE routers from working.

They are a bit reluctant to share the details but I tried asking if a non-ZTE would fix the issue - the answer was probably yes.  I then went on to ask what router would work in the hope that purchasing something would fix the issue.  They were unable to advise saying I should wait a few days to see if the issue went away.

I seriously can't not work for a few days so is there a Three member of staff monitoring this forum to advise me what router I can purchase to fix this?  It's utterly unacceptable that this has happened but if buying a replacement router will fix this I'll take the hit.  

I'd still like an email for the director of customer services for Three if someone has it.

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @mb

I'm really sorry you've been hit with another connection issue, I do appreciate what an inconvenience that is. 

It sounds like there's a few things at work, but some recent DNS changes made by our technical teams may be what's impacting you most at the moment. The teams are currently working to resolve that as soon as possible.

I'll keep a close eye on this and let you know here when there's further information. However, I'll also send you a Private Message so you can get in touch to discuss your overall experience if you'd like to.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

sc1999
Local celebrity

At least windows has the restore point if Microsoft screw up.

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi @mb

Our teams have been working to make the needed changes overnight, so this issue should be fixed now. Can you please try restarting your router, as this will force a fresh connection to the network. 

Let me know how things are, we're keen to help get you connected again.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

mb
Fledgling

I've taken the SIM card out of my ZTE router and tried it in a phone.  It confirms that Three have botched something with their users who have ZTE routers.  Although the signal strength on my phone is poor and slow I can use my internet connection again.

So anyone at Three out there?  Looks like ZTE routers like my MF285D are only able to connect to the Three website.  Is it possible to change any setting on the router to fix this, or do I just need to purchase a new router?