cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow speed

davidchtm
Fledgling

Just received the 5g hub today and followed all the steps to install it. Tried to place the router in different location (close to windowsill). The signal and 5G are blue light but only got average 30 mbs maximum download speed and cannot even do a speed test most of the time (Too low speed). Tried different things...Restore to the factory setting, removing and inserting the sims card.. but still doesn't work.

3 REPLIES 3
Neurone
Regular

Welcome to Three.

davidchtm
Fledgling

Forgot to mention I checked the area has a good 5G coverage for both indoor and outdoor before I ordered and there is no any network issue in that area. I'm really frustrated about the service.

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello there. 

Oh, slow speeds can be very frustrating. Your speed is slower than I'd expect, since you're having issues completing tests at times, it's possible the connection is weak and dropping packets. This could be caused by a device issue, local network issue, or something else. 

You can check the area for issues on the Service Status page. This should give you an idea of what's going on. If you'd like the team to look into it further, you can reach out to the Support Team where additional diagnostics can be completed, and the options explored. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.