cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow speeds on 5G

waquzy
Regular

https://ibb.co/pj2j3bT 

I have been experiencing extremely slow 5G speeds on my IPhone 14 Pro since Tuesday. I’m on unlimited plan. Any ideas? 

• 5G
16 REPLIES 16
Regular

I've joined this forum because I'm getting the same with home broadband. OK for months, problem for the last week on 3 laptops, one wired and two now tv boxes, not in use at the same times. Endless failed downloads and buffering on tv to the extent it is unusable or unwatchable.  Speeds varying from 30mbps to 0.85mbps 5 minutes apart. The 0.85mbps had a good signal and was 5g according to the lights on the router. Apparently no local problems. I've reset the router and removed the sim card. Highly irritating waste of my time trying to sort this out.

Regular

I've just found the Ofcom form to report issues. Its not the start of a complaint but just their way of monitoring issues with providers. Very quick and easy to complete. https://ofcomlive.my.salesforce-sites.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Paddiewack
Superstar

I think you’ll find that all providers have issues like the ones mentioned on here. That’s not to say it’s not frustrating but it’s partly down to congestion and the work done to decommission 3G. I speak with knowledge having had the same issue myself in recent weeks;and,following me being pushy with customer service and getting them to contact the network management team,I was able to get an accurate timescale as regards a fix which is now completed and my speeds have now returned to normal.

I wish you well with Ofcom. 

Regular

The above link simply notifies Ofcom of problems which presumably they will take notice of if numerous customers are reporting the same issues although I will be trying a formal complaint then contacting them if this isn't resolved. I accept there can be problems but I'm not willing to spend months accommodating a failed service, certainly not while paying for it!

Current speeds tonight, @7.19 0.79mbps up, 0.07 Down. @7.20, 3.64mbps up, 0.03 down. @ 7.21, 0.38 mbps up, 0.10 down.

I shouldn't be wasting my time on this forum now, I've got interesting things to do but cannot do them because of this useless connection. This is nonsense, I shouldn't need to chase them or force the issue.

Paddiewack
Superstar

Yes I’m perfectly aware of the “links” purpose and if you feel you’re wasting your time on here then cheerio and good luck.👋

Regular

Is there a link on this forum where I can find my posts? edit, Found it although its far easier to find how many silly badges I've got.

Regular

Still rubbish. Download speeds have averaged about 20 down on a few days and between 7 and 2 on others. Two days ago I had 103mbps down but a pitiful 0.33 upload. Yesterday I had nothing at one point. Today after having no connection and having to restart the router at 6.30AM I've had 11.54 at most then from 3pm 2.99, 1.87 and currently 2.54. This is borderline unusable for anything other than very lightweight browsing. I would not recommend Three to anyone. Completely unreliable.