cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is Three 5G still this bad?

LDN
Active

Our 5G journey with Three started in early 2020, it was too early and they were not ready to launch this product, it took us 2 years and literally days of my life wasted battling with the dribbling morons on support to get to a working 5G connection in central London!

We've had 3 different routers and even a mast upgrade (apparently) and finally had a stable-ish connection @@250/80mbs. But recently our HUAWEI CPE Pro has decided to start turning itself off randomly. So, with great trepidation we contacted Three, needless to say another day of my life wasted trying to upgrade to a new contract and yesterday we get the newer nr5103e router, spent most of yesterday fking about with it, for hours had a "no SIM detected" the SIM tray seems a bit misaligned, eventually got the SIM working, waited the quoted 2 hours still not registered on the network, contacted support 3 times and got the usually turn it off and on again reset the box etc. Left it over night in the end and today it was connected.........to the LTE 4G network only!!! Ffs, then I see on here they have been trying to fix issues like this with firmware updates for well over a year!

How the hell is Three still getting this so wrong? It's like they are going out of their way to be this bad, like it's actual effort to be this terrible at something for so many years!!!

We're on 1.00(ACBJ.0)b12 and I've tried all the hacky fixes on here like turning auto off and manually selecting the correct band's etc. 

Somone please help me before I throw this thing out the window...

• 5G
3 REPLIES 3
IQue
Regular

For me I had to manually set the bands on the router for 5g to show and connect.
It's might be worth a try if you have not done so already??

Login on to the router webpage and go to the "menu" on the top right, then click on Network Settings > Broadband > Cellular Band

Under "Brand Management" set the "Band Auto Selection" to OFF ...and then check/select "B20" and most importantly "n78" and save the settings.

Also my "Preferred Access Technology" is set to "NR5G-NSA/4G (Auto Switch)"

If it worked the world and signal icon on the router should turn from green to blue after a few seconds.

bulldog555
Involved

Login on to the router webpage and go to the "menu" on the top right, then click on Network Settings > Broadband > Cellular Band

Under "Brand Management" set the "Band Auto Selection" to OFF ...and then check/select "B1" and most importantly "n78" and save the settings.

Also my "Preferred Access Technology" is set to "NR5G-NSA/4G (Auto Switch)"

If it worked the world and signal icon on the router should turn from green to blue after a few seconds.

LDN
Active

Tried all combos of the band settings, I have even looked up what bands my cell uses and still doesn't work. 

I have watched my router connect to 5G then flick off again in seconds as described in this thread in the wan settings and a 5 second refresh. 

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Broadband/No-5G-with-NR5103E/td-p/8533 

So has to be a faulty router, and the battle with Three continues...