cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei B535-232 Certificate has Expired

cancunia
Active

Apologies for the double post, I put the original in 'Data' by mistake, it looks like it should have been in Broadband..

The certificate on the management web pages for the B535-232 has expired which means it needs a security breach in order to access the management pages. The router is on the latest firmware, but the certificate expired in November:

Software version 11.0.1.2(H200SP5C21)
Web UI version WEBUI 11.0.1.1(W2SP4C21)
Configuration file version B535-232-CUST 10.0.1.2(C21)

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
Subject: www.hirouter.net
Issuer: Actalis Organization Validated Server CA G3
Expires on: Nov 16, 2022
Current date: Dec 27, 2022

31 REPLIES 31
cancunia
Active

No one from Three reading these threads?

crypt0ninja
Established

They do but as its the holidays I assume the mods are on a well deserved break.

Have you tried calling up and speaking to the tech team for a quicker response rather than await a response here?

cancunia
Active

Thanks, I'll leave it until next week. 

I tried calling but only getting through to people that think a reset is the answer. What's needed is a firmware update.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @cancunia,

Thanks for flagging this up. I've reached out to a contact that has dealt with a similar issue in the past. I'll let you know when we have any further info or advice.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

I've received confirmation this is a known issue. We're awaiting deployment of the updated certificates from Huawei, but there's been some unexpected delays for the B535-232 model.

I've also been informed that as a workaround, if connected from an incognito browser mode you should be able to select "advanced" and proceed past the certificate message to the admin pages.

I'll let you know as soon as there's any more updates.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

cancunia
Active

Thanks for following this up. As you mentioned above, it is possible to bypass the security warning, but an update to the certificate would be the correct solution longer term. 

steve_pr
Fledgling

Thanks for this. Enabled me to log in to the router admin pages but still doesn't seem to like serving up DHCP addresses!

Geluk
Key player

I have same issue and reported to Huawei, asking why the s/ware updates haven't fixed; no satisfactory reply, save for "Use the mobile app to log in".

You'll need to use this address* not the "hirouter" one that latest s/ware imposed.

*https://192.168.8.1

CarlHarding
Fledgling

I'm having this same problem, is there a solution yet? None of the above have worked for me. I have tried several browsers, too.